Lets get started.
Step one is identifying a strategy that does not over-extend you. Remember, your investment strategy should enhance your life, not bring added stresses to it. Each of you will be at different points in your career, some wishing to wind down into retirement and others fresh into the industry looking to ramp up business opportunities. Your future wishes and goals will dictate the type of property investment suited best for you. There may be different objectives you seek to achieve via property investment such as:
- paying off the mortgage on your principal place of residence (or other debts) quicker;
- ensuring you have enough money stored away in super or passive income coming in to allow you to live comfortably through retirement;
- wanting to help your children get a leg up in life;
- or perhaps you would like the security of an alternative source of income allowing you to stop work for periods of illness or just because you want to!
Whatever your wishes and goals are, we commence the process with a strategy session to identify exactly what your objectives are and set a clear strategy in place to ensure they are met.
We will tailor your strategy with the following considerations in mind:
- Your objectives – why are you considering property investment?
- Your appetite for investment – are you looking for a one-off investment or to build a long-term portfolio?
- Your capacity – we want to make sure you never over-extend yourself when making your investments. The investment process should be assisting you to live a better life, not add stress and anxiety to your life.
If you plan on carrying out more than one project, its vital to set each project up in a way that allows you to access the deposit for each on-going project without having to use your own cash.